|IT Training Workshops are free for IU graduate students.|
Word 2010: Publishing Research & Longer Documents
Information Commons room IC103
This workshop lasts 3+ hours.
To sign up, go to the IT Training Workshop site and scroll down to find the correct listing.
Intended for experienced users of Word who want to create long documents such as research papers, team project reports, books, and graduate theses or dissertations. This workshop explores the best method for structuring long documents in Word and demonstrates how to reliably assemble long documents from multiple source files. It highlights Word's advanced publishing features and automated functions, so participants will also learn how to create lists of figures and captions, a table of contents and a document index.
What You'll learn:
- create and edit an outline
- collapse, expand and relocate sections of an outline
- create and manage master documents
- create a table of contents in a master document
- create captions and lists of figures
- use advanced search options
- format and generate an index
- format footers in a master document
- print a master document
- how to use templates
- create and edit headers and footers
- insert and edit footnotes or endnotes
- work with multiple documents
- create and edit styles
- create tables of contents
- insert and modify graphics
- format text using Word shortcuts