How do you teach sustainability?
What is the sustain•ability Themester?
Put the finishing touches on your fall syllabus with this interactive workshop!
August 20, 9:00-1:00 p.m. (bring your lunch!)
Walnut Room, Indiana Memorial Union
Open to faculty, librarians and graduate students. RSVP with your name, affiliation and course title to firstname.lastname@example.org
Instructional consultants and authors from Teaching Environmental Literacy (IU Press 2010) facilitate a conversation about teaching sustainability, emphasizing active learning that takes advantage of the diverse events on the College Themester calendar. Share ideas and receive a preview of this fall’s special Themester activities, including:
· Roundtable discussions with the community
· Participatory art projects
· Film series
· Nationally-recognized visiting and local lecturers from the fields of geography, physics, economics, political science, climatology, fine arts, literature, fashion design and more
· Student project grants
· Student research prizes and presentation opportunities
· Lisa Kurz (Campus Instructional Consulting)
· Heather Reynolds (Biology)
· Jennifer Meta Robinson (Communication and Culture)
For more information, see:
T&L Workshop: http://themester.indiana.edu/events/TeachingLearningInstitute
Sponsored by the College of Arts and Sciences and Campus Instructional Consulting